Friday, July 2, 2010

O Canada

Confession. I really did mean to post a celebration of Canada yesterday on its special day.

O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!
From far and wide, O Canada,
We stand on guard for thee
I was even going to rework the lyrics of their national anthem or somesuch to celebrate my favorite movie Canadians: David Cronenberg, Norma Shearer, The Ryans (Gosling & Reynolds), Marie Dressler (Min & Bill!), Rachel McAdams, Fay Wray, Geneviève Bujold, Yvonne de Carlo, Molly Parker, Sarah Polley... the list would go on and on. Not to mention great Canadian movies like Away From Her, Lilies or Jesus of Montreal. What's your favorite person, movie or thing from Canada?

Norma, The First Lady of MGM (Her rank in Canada is unknown)

So to all our Canadian readers -- Hope you enjoyed / are still enjoying your national event while we start our own for the 4th of July. I'm off for a short day trip myself but more posting and halfway mark celebrations and such when I return.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment