Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Curio: Movie Vinyl

Alexa from Pop Elegantiarum here. I was fascinated by this article in the Wall Street Journal a few weeks back on the collaboration between Barnard Herrmann and Alfred Hitchcock. Little did I know that Hitchcock originally wanted the shower scene in Psycho to be silent, and that he may have had some insecurities about how much his style relied on Herrmann's music. Certainly there have been many attempts at duplicating that synergy (Brian De Palma used Herrmann at his most Hitchcockian; M Night Shyamalan and James Newton Howard try hard for something similar). So when I spotted this LP of the soundtrack to North by Northwest, I had to snap it up.


Shawn at Movie Vinyl sells lots of great vintage soundtracks for you vinyl junkies like me. Here are a few other choice ones. As soon as he finds a rare Bugsy Malone LP, I'm ordering it.


No comments:

Post a Comment