Friday, July 9, 2010

Lisa Cholodenko, Too

<-- Love this pic. It's Lisa Cholodenko with Emmy nominee Jane Lynch (Glee) at the Focus Features party for The Kids Are All Right. The ladies who love ladies are taking over the world. I always knew they would.

I want them to devote one of those foldout Vanity Fair covers to Hollywood's Power Lesbians. We have so many out ladies now. Yay!

As an FYI and teaser, right before I met Julianne Moore (previous post), I had a sit down with Lisa Cholodenko, a writer/director who first burst into cinema with the potent High Art (1998) starring Ally Sheedy (shoulda won the Oscar), Radha Mitchell (just discussed) and my beloved Patty Clarkson. I should probably write about that movie sometime soon. It's been six years since Cholodenko made a film so I'm really hoping The Kids Are All Right is successful enough to convince the world (i.e. Hollywood) that she needs to work more often. I wrote up the interview for Towleroad.

I couldn't fit all the interesting bits into this piece, so I'll share more here next week. I have to stretch out the Kids... posts since the movie is in limited release and we'll have to keep talking about it. It's mandatory. Thems the rules.

Juli with her bestie Ellen Barkin at the premiere after party

Is it coming to your town this weekend or are they making you wait?
*

No comments:

Post a Comment