Thursday, June 17, 2010

Review: Toy Story 3

He was a panda bear. In a fit of childhood creativity I named him "Panda". Though he was neither particularly big, as many coveted stuffed animals are, nor particularly soft like those extra huggable toys, he was mine and much loved. I cried every time I lost him and took him everywhere including, I admit, to college.

I share this to illustrate the universal appeal and manipulative genius of the Toy Story concept. Who didn't have a favorite inanimate companion in childhood? Who doesn't think back to their favorite toy -- be it stuffed animal, plastic monster, or doll -- when watching Toy Story?

After two joyful funny movies with Andy and toys one could argue that it's time to move on. To its credit TOY STORY 3 deftly harnesses that argument for its very plot...


I'm eager to hear what you think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment