Sunday, June 6, 2010

FB Awards: Action, Music, Sex... Roll Credits

Whew, that took... a good long while. The 10th Anniversary of my film awards kept getting bogged down but now you can see the rest of the nominees for the 2009 film year in categories like Action, Sex Scenes and Musical Sequences, as well as Credit Design, Openings & Endings. Done! I finished it as my birthday gift to myself this morning!


The last page also has nomination tallies for all 42 categories. Inglourious Basterds far outpaced the rest of the field with The Hurt Locker, Avatar, Nine, Precious and Where the Wild Things Are also making strong showings. Two films I really loved (Summer Hours and Whip It) didn't do so well. Those kinds of weird things always happen with awardage, a very imperfect science that's not, uh, really a science. It's more like a scrapbook. And when I "flip" through the scrapbook again in a year I'm going to really wish I was seeing more of Summer Hours and Whip It.

I expect there may be a few errors on the pages as I was working quickly, so if you see them you may notify me politely or ignore. Meanwhile, how has 2009 settled for you? Aren't you glad we're well into 2010?

Pssst. Now that that's complete I can start updating those Oscar predictions tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment