Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Essential Bening Me

Dear Subjects!

We haven't visited this blogsite in some time -- has it really been four years? -- as Nathaniel hasn't been so loyal. I have Google Alerts of my own name We've been told that he barely mentioned us in 2009.

Bygones.

While I'm pleased that he selected me "Best in Show" for my smash hit star vehicle
The Kids Are All Right, (the distinction is oddly redundant), I do wish he'd have done some fact checking in his article. I must have been nominated for at least 11 Oscars by now and won thrice. I would also like the record to reflect that that "fragile" singing voice he mentions during the Joni Mitchell sequence is not my real singing voice. My real voice would have distracted you with its beauty. Some things just aren't right for the character.

At first I was intrigued to read his list of the "Essential" Bening performances but I'm afraid he's quite terrible at math. He mentions only 8 films in the entire article and any simple web search will reveal that I have made 23 features. 2 haven't yet filmed but that's a minor detail. So, let's err in his favor -- I am a reasonable woman -- and say 21. Even so his essential list is still off by an alarming 13 films! Did he never pass remedial arithmetic?


Which of my 21 performances are your favorites? I know it's impossible to choose just one but do try to narrow it down to 21 in the comments. Go.


And go see
The Kids Are All Right
again. I'm even better the second time. See you at the Oscars!

~ loved, Ms. Bening

No comments:

Post a Comment