Thursday, May 20, 2010

Kites and Whatever Happened to Busty Jane

Over at Towleroad I've reviewed the international Kites (2010) starring Bollywood giant Hrithik Roshan. Go there. I must say straight away that I feel totally gipped that Hrithik only danced once in a 130 minute movie. So here's a whole bunch of Hrithik shaking it (skip to 1.15 for his showy arrival).



♫ Work it. I need a glass of wataaahhh ♪

My double feature this week was weird / disorienting.

I also took in Jackie Beat's latest play Whatever Happened to Busty Jane? which is a totally offensive/hilarious riff on Whatever Happened to Baby Jane (1962) a movie y'all know I love. Bette Davis so shoulda won the Oscar that year. Oh wait... maybe not. I just remembered who actually did win. I'm good with that. So I reviewed Busty Jane, too.

*
Nathaniel Trivia You Didn't Know: Jackie Beat was actually the first celebrity I ever interviewed way the hell back in 2000, one hundred years ago, just before The Film Experience launched. I sometimes think I imagined that weird life before The Film Experience. Did it really exist? Maybe I'll share that musty interview one day. We even talked Oscars.

No comments:

Post a Comment