Wednesday, May 12, 2010

David and Go Linketh

Rants of a Diva "Cate Blanchett scares me"
ONTD Sir Ian McKellen mistaken for homeless beggar
The Pixar Blog feature film newt (2012) cancelled? Awww. I love those wee things
The Evening Class Luise Rainer at 100 years of age (!) attends a screening of her Oscar-winning The Good Earth (1937)
Fin de Cinema collects gorgeous movie posters from Cannes


The DAVIDs
Restoration Claudia Shear, who previously wrote that acclaimed Mae West play Dirty Blonde is back on stage with this drama about a woman restoring Michelangelo's The David. I saw it in previews. Good stuff.
/Film When I first heard the news that Brad Pitt would be starring in The Tiger I heard the name Darren Aronofsky and immediately replaced it with David Fincher. Which has happened to me three times now!!! And which is SO strange because I've been a fan of both since their first films. Why do I keep doing this. They're really not that much alike.
CHUD David Cronenberg's next project Cosmopolis has its starry cast.

I confess between Fincher & Cronenberg and the "will Nailed ever be finished?" stories swirling about David O'Russell and the fact that I keep removing Darren Aronofksy's name from all conversations and replacing it with one of these three, the David Projects continue to utterly disorient me. I keep getting them mixed up. The movies and the men. Let's see with the three Davids and the honorary David known as Darren we've got: The Tiger, Nailed, Cosmopolis, Jackie, The Dangerous Method, The Fighter... which one is coming when and from whom? Argh.

If your name is David or Darren or if you know anyone with those names you are required to comment on this link roundup. It's only right.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment